Saturday, March 23, 2013

A TASTE OF NEW ORLEANS: CAFE DU MONDE BEIGNETS

Have you ever watched an animated movie and thought the food in the movie looked delicious?  I have!  Tiana's beignets in Disney's The Princess and the Frog attracted me from the get-go.  The thought of French donuts blanketed with powdered sugar was so majestic, I had to try it. 

 
Tiana in the kitchen
 Tiana and her "man-catching beignets"

A month ago, I ventured to my nearest World Market and picked up a box of Cafe Du Monde's Beignet Mix straight from New Orleans, Louisiana.  I didn't have a chance to open the box until today, but I'm sure glad I waited!  All you have to do is follow the directions on the box and watch the magic happen.  One box makes two dozen beignets; I only used about a quarter of the mix today to make eight beignets.  You definitely get your money's worth in quantity and taste!

The process
The finished product


I don't think I could have felt anymore like Princess Tiana.  Beignets are seriously one of the best things I've ever eaten.  I highly recommend you try them too if you haven't already! :)

Note: The beignet mix and other Cafe Du Monde products can also be purchased online at http://shop.cafedumonde.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment